Are you not happy with your current dentures? Do you need desire a new comfortable and permanent replacement option for your missing teeth? What if you could get your missing teeth replaced with dental implants in a single day? You don’t need to wonder any longer, thanks to South Bay Prosthodontics in Torrance, CA. Using new advancements in dentistry, not only will you be able to eat and speak again without difficulty, but you will also be able to enjoy a great smile again.
WHAT ARE SAME DAY DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Instead of the other conventional dental implants that can require weeks to finalize, same day dental implants can be placed with ease in just one visit to the dentist. This means that you can eat all your favorite foods in no time at all. We understand that our patients can’t wait for days to replace their missing teeth. We give the highest quality permanent teeth replacements to our patients, so that they don’t have to live without, even for just a single day.
WHAT IS A DENTAL IMPLANT?
It is a specifically crafted piece that is placed into the jawbone, which serves as the root for an artificial tooth. Once the implant has completely melded itself within the bone, a suitable prosthesis is then attached to it. The prosthesis will serve as the crown of the artificial tooth.
ONE DAY DENTAL IMPLANTS PROCEDURE
- Before Placement Appointment – There are a number of things that must be completed before your appointment for an implant placement. First, one of the staff of trained dentistry experts led by Dr. Malena Rodriguez will conduct a thorough inspection of your teeth and jaws. This is done to ensure that you are a suitable candidate for dental implants. They will also examine your X-ray and CT scan reports to assess the volume and thickness of jaw bone available in the area where the implants must be placed. The angulation and position of the implant will be completed to hasten your implant placement procedure.
- On the Day of Your Appointment – When the appointment is set up, you’ll arrive to find the abutment, temporary crown, and all other tools prepared and ready when you arrive. Since implant placement is a surgical procedure, it is required that anesthesia be administered to patients before any procedure begins. Depending upon the expected duration of the procedure, the dentist may choose to use some form of local sedation or general anesthesia. After you are sedated and free of any pain, Dr. Rodriguez will cut an incision onto the soft tissues overlying the jaw bone. Next, a series of holes will be drilled into the bone and the implants will be carefully drilled into position while applying precise and controlled force. Finally, pre-fabricated prostheses will be attached to the implants to complete the artificial tooth structure.
SAME DAY OR CONVENTIONAL DENTAL IMPLANTS; IS THERE A DIFFERENCE?
Both conventional and one day dental implants can be used for permanent replacing your missing teeth. In the case of conventional implants, dentists typically have to wait a few weeks after initially placing an implant, so we can make sure that sufficient bone formation has occurred around the implant. It will be held firmly through the post. Contemporary surgical training now will allow highly skilled dentists to load dental implants in no time at all. This means that you don’t have to wait without your teeth while your implant supported prostheses is being prepared.
WHY SHOULD I GET DENTAL IMPLANTS AT SOUTH BAY PROSTHODONTICS, TORRANCE CA?
You must be wondering as to why you should throw your old dentures away and get dental implants in a day? Well, here are a few reasons for you:
- Durability – Unlike the average dentures (which will need to be repaired and replaced on a frequent basis), implant supported prostheses are permanent and rarely require repairs. Did you know that if you take care of your new implants according to instructions of your dentist, you can expect them to last for a lifetime?
- Minimal Wait Time – there’s no one who just wants to wait around without their teeth while a replacement set is prepared in a laboratory. With single day implants, we will take care of all your diseased and failing teeth and plan a replacement option. This way, you can get your permanent implant supported dentures in a single day.
- Relaxing Feeling – The implants are inserted into your jaw bone in a similar way to your natural teeth. Once placed, they will provide the same natural feeling and comfort that you enjoyed with your own teeth.
- Enjoy Your Favorite Foods – Another good reason to throw away your old dentures is the ease you’ll have eating all types of foods. With your full mouth implants, you can start enjoying your favorite meals right away!
- Conservation of Jaw Bone Volume – Did you know that wearing removable dentures can result in significant resorption of your jaw bone? This isn’t the case, in fact, dental implants tend to promote bone formation around them and hence preserve the integrity, volume and quality of residual jaw bones.
- No Need for Removal – If you have dentures, then you must be tired of having to remove your dentures every time you go to bed or brush your teeth. Implant supported teeth are fixed into the bone itself, and they don’t have to be removed. You must look after the hygiene of your implant like your old natural ones – simply brush and floss regularly, and you won’t have any problems!
SINGLE IMPLANT TO FULL MOUTH REHABILITATION – TOOTH REPLACEMENT
It doesn’t matter whether you need to replace a single missing tooth or you need multiple implants to complete full mouth restoration – same day dental implants offer you a quick, durable, and reliable tooth replacement option.
- All-on-Four Hybrid Dentures – With this form of prostheses, four implants are carefully inserted into each jaw. These implants support a complete denture over them. This form of replacement is used for the restoration of a complete edentulous arch.
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation – Full mouth restoration is possible with the help of permanent implants.
- Single Missing Tooth Replacement – We would be more than happy to replace any missing tooth – and all in a single day.
- Multiple Missing teeth – Replace multiple missing teeth with the use of implant supported removable or fixed dentures.
HOW MUCH ARE SAME DAY DENTAL IMPLANTS?
One of the biggest questions you must be asking yourself right now is whether or not the price for the same day dental implants is worth it. The cost for placement is certainly higher than other tooth replacement choices, however, if you compare the advantages of getting one day dental implants (like no wait, durability, comfort, and convenience) to days without a proper replacement for your tooth? The benefits easily outweigh the single drawback.
Visit us today at South Bay Prosthodontics in Torrance, CA to get your brand new teeth and see yourself with a stunning smile! Our staff of dentistry experts are led by Malena Rodriguez DDS, a noted and popular dentist in the area. Set up an appointment with one of our skilled implant dentists today, and find out more about all the procedures and assistance we have available.