WHAT IS DENTAL BRIDGES
A conventional method to replace missing teeth is with a fixed dental prosthesis known as Bridge. For simplicity, the term bridge is assumed to be synonymous with fixed partial dentures. For patients with missing teeth we often recommend dental bridge procedure. Our Dental Clinic can handle a simple tooth or multiple teeth bridges.
Dental bridge is a prosthesis that replaces your missing natural tooth with an artificial tooth known as Pontic. Dental bridge is securely retained to natural teeth (abutments) or dental implants that furnish the primary support for the prosthesis. Dental bridges are a permanent fixed solution and are not removable. Dental bridge is an effective way to significantly improve patient’s oral health.
WHY DO WE REQUIRE A DENTAL BRIDGES
- Makes it comfortable to eat.
- Helps to improve your smile by matching the shade and alignment with adjacent natural teeth.
- Overall Speech is improved.
- Helps in improving the shape of your face.
- Prevents shifting of your natural teeth towards the empty space.
1. To make sure our patients are comfortable, at our dental practice use adequate local anesthetic to achieve optimal numbness and also use nitrous-oxide, if needed.
2. In first appointment gentle shaping of the adjacent teeth so that the bridge will fit easily onto each of them.
3. After shaping the adjacent natural teeth, impressions are made of the area.
4. Dental impressions are sent to the dental lab that fabricates your customized bridge.
5. Till the final finished bridge arrives from the lab, we provide you with a temporary dental bridge that serves as a template for the final restoration.
6. For next appointment you will come back to the dental office for the cementing/ fixing of the bridge.
7. We will adjust the bridge to simulate the natural comfort. You can wear it for 1-2 weeks and only when you are comfortable and satisfied with it, we will permanently cement it.
With regular dental checkups and good oral hygiene maintained, your dental bridge work can last a lifetime. Bridge floss will allow you to properly and thoroughly floss the areas surrounding your bridge, this helps to maintain healthy gums and supporting teeth. Proper brushing with fluoride toothpaste should be performed at least twice each day.
COST OF DENTAL BRIDGES
Overall treatment cost depends on several factors:
- Potential need for any additional procedures (fillings or root canals) in the adjoining teeth.
- Type of teeth preparation involved in the bridge fabrication.
- Quality of material used in the bridge fabrication by the dental lab.
- Type of coverage provided by your dental insurance.
Dental Bridges are made up of two Dental Crowns surrounding a false tooth, or Pontic. If you are in need of Dental Crowns, contact us today. Dental Bridges are custom made fixed partial dentures. Our dental specialist, Dr. MariaElena Rodriguez, performs Dental Bridge procedures in Torrance, CA. Call us @ (310) 378-9261.