What Are Dental Veneers?
Porcelain Veneers are the most common restorative procedures used to enhance smiles for an individual. These are the ultra-thin, ceramic sheaths placed over the front of teeth to effectively mask discoloration and other aesthetic imperfections. Your cosmetic dentist, Dr. MariaElena Rodriguez, can make your smile be perfect and improve dental health.
A veneer is a laboratory made customized porcelain facing bonded on top of prepared natural tooth surface. Porcelain veneers look and feel like natural teeth.
Benefits of Veneers
- Porcelain veneers can change the color and shape of a tooth for better.
Provide excellent aesthetic results in patients with broken or chipped teeth.
- To mask the dark color in severely stained teeth.
- To close the open spaces present between the anterior natural teeth.
- Brighten and whiten your smile.
- Placed during a non-invasive, virtually painless procedure.
Dental Veneers Procedure
1. During the first appointment, a thin layer of enamel is removed from the impacted tooth’s surface and an impression is made of the prepared tooth.
2. This impression is sent to a dental laboratory to create the customized veneer.
3. A temporary restoration simulating the end product is made for the patient till final prosthesis is cemented.
4. During the next visit, the porcelain veneer is permanently cemented onto the existing tooth surface through the use of veneer cement and a curing light.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PORCELAIN VS. RESIN/COMPOSITE VENEERS
Composite veneers are made of a resin, and over a period of time they tend to stain or darken. Composite resin veneers can be delivered in single visit. Porcelain veneers are customized in lab. Porcelain veneers are stronger than resin veneers and have a good lifespan. Have more questions? checkout Veneers FAQs